This Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information (“Privacy Statement”) applies to Pileum Corporation and its subsidiaries (“Pileum Corporation,” “Pileum”, “we,” “us” or “our”). This Privacy Statement governs personal information that we collect from our customers and from our website (https://www.pileum.com) and any other website that may link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, “our website”)), and other online visitors (“you” or “your”), as well as information that we collect from our support application, email, phone or other interactions that we may have with you.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the websites of our Business Partners (as defined below) or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website. We recommend you review the privacy statements of the other parties with which you interact.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Business Partner” means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information. “Personal Information” means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (IP) address and location data.
Information We Collect About You
We may obtain your Personal Information when you:
- Use our website or applications;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers, training or information;
- Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars;
- Create and manage an account;
- Participate in surveys or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Subscribe to newsletters, marketing and promotional emails or other materials;
- Contact us.
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, address, contact telephone numbers, user ID, and password. It may also include work information such as job title and other business or company information. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Pileum Corporation, information collected through one source may be combined with information Pileum Corporation obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our website. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties to create customized profiles about you. Examples of how we may use this information include using your data to help us to improve your experience using our website, to present you with options tailored to your preferences and for targeted advertising purposes as explained below.
Some Pileum Corporation services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both Pileum Corporation and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services, and may use the information according to each company’s privacy statement and other agreements with you.
Information We Automatically Collect
We may automatically collect behavioral and usage information about your visits to our website, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with the Pileum Corporation website. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our website if you click on a link on our website.
Information From Third Party Sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners and social media platforms. We may use the information to better understand you, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing of products and services to you, and to help prevent and detect fraud.
Information We Collect When Providing Services
We may obtain Personal Information in the course of providing products and services to our customers (such as IP addresses, MAC addresses, email addresses, customer contact information). If you work for a corporate customer that uses our services, it is possible that Personal Information about you may be contained in data processed by Pileum Corporation. We will use such information for the purpose of providing the services and in order to develop, enhance and/or improve our products and services. We will comply with applicable laws in respect of any Personal Information contained within the data and have in place measures to safeguard such information to the standard required by law.
How We Use Personal Information
Pileum Corporation may use your Personal Information to:
- Carry out the transaction that you have requested;
- Deliver our products, solutions, services and support;
- Send communications to you about products and services available from Pileum Corporation and its subsidiaries, including information about particular Pileum Corporation programs in which you or your company has chosen to participate, as well as events, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate communications from Pileum Corporation’s Business Partners;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Better understand our customers and online users based on interest and interactions with our website;
- Enforce our contracts with customers and our website terms and conditions;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our website, our businesses and our products or services; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- For compliance with Pileum Corporation’s legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your Personal Information (for example, health and safety, taxation and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- Pileum Corporation’s legitimate interests which include the provision of our website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm to your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with Pileum Corporation’s retention policies and applicable law.
How We May Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with subsidiaries or Business Partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including (without limitation) to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business (or that of our subsidiaries and affiliates) more responsive to your needs. We will only share your Personal Information with affiliates and subsidiaries who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes specified by Pileum Corporation.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if Pileum Corporation is sold or merges with another company; or if Pileum Corporation reasonably believes it is necessary to protect Pileum Corporation, its customers or the public.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and Profiling
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from Pileum Corporation by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding communication preferences, our marketing activities and/or profiling
- You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you, or by sending us an email at email@example.com;
Any marketing by Pileum Corporation, or any third parties on behalf of Pileum Corporation, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
Pileum Corporation takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information
- having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from Pileum Corporation asking for your Personal Information. Pileum Corporation will not request your ID or password through email.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through our website. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any Personal Information through our website without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any such individual, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to customize your cookie settings on the Pileum Corporation website by visiting the cookie “Privacy Preference Center” which can be found by clicking the “Cookie Settings” link in the cookie banner.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our website’s essential features. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Pileum Corporation website and services that depend on cookies.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Social Media Features
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Please be aware that Pileum Corporation provides links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Personal Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to Pileum.com are not covered by this Privacy Statement
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement or make any material changes to how we use your Personal Information, we will revise this Privacy Statement to reflect such changes and revise this Privacy Statement’s effective date, included at the end of this section. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are using and protecting your Personal Information.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Attn: Privacy Officer
190 East Capitol St., Suite 175
Jackson, MS 39201